In this speech Obama outlines his plan for transparency of government and reformation of government. I don't know why I had such a hard time locating this video or even a transcript. So, I don't know if you've seen it.
- Lobbying- no coming to his admin and working on your former industry for two years. No leaving his admin and lobbying back to it- ever.
- Americans can view bills on-line before Obama signs them. Know which corporations benefit from them.
- Government wasteful spending- Iraq war, Medicare, Student Loans, Farm Subsidies
- Streamlining all government programs- fire managers not getting results, bring private sector management practices into government
- Loopholes and tax breaks outweigh earmarks. Corporations with negative tax burdens. Corporations sending profits offshore to avoid taxes.
- 95% of working families get tax cut under Obama plan- three times tax relief of McCain for middle income families. Lower tax rates under Obama than under Reagan. Seniors will not pay taxes on Social Security. If you're making $50,000 or less.
- Financial Markets-
- If you (corporation) borrow from the government, you get government oversight/supervision.
- Reform requirements on all regulated financial institutions. Investigate ratings institutions conflicts of interest with companies they're rating. Companies were overvalued.
- Streamline regulatory agencies
- Regulate institutions for what they do, not what they are. Mortgage brokers and companies were doing things they weren't regulated for. They avoided regulation and got us into trouble.
- Crack down on trading activities that are actually market manipulation
- Establish process that identifies risk to financial system. Know these risks before they turn into crises.
Post a Comment