- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, provided hundreds of billions of dollars into infrastructure, research and job creation.
- The American auto industry was revived, preventing the loss of hundreds of thousands od jobs and keeping Chrysler and GEM from going bankrupt
- Over 2 million new private sector jobs in the last 14 months. 28 straight months of job growth after a previous 25 straight months of job losses.
- Bigger tax cuts than George Bush.
- The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, makes it illegal for employers to pay unequal wages to men and women who perform equal work.
- The Matthew Shepard Act, expands hate crime definitions to include gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability.
- The Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act, allows gay soldiers to serve openly in the United States military.
- Appointed Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court, the first Latina to ever serve on the bench.
- Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, overhauls the financial markets to prevent another economic crisis and establishes a new consumer protection bureau.
- The Credit Card Bill of Rights, outlaws hidden fees and deceptive lending practices from credit card companies.
- Student loan reform, significantly expands access to affordable government loans and Pell Grants for college.
- The Food Safety Modernization Act, gives the FDA a mandate to prevent, rather than simply respond to, contamination of the food supply.
- The Affordable Care Act, will establish universal access to health insurance for the first time in the history of the United States. Allows children to stay on parent’s health insurance until age 26, prevents people with pre-existing conditions from being denied coverage, ensures insurance companies spend 85% of premiums on paying for health care and more.
- The Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act, dramatically expands federal efforts into finding a cure for paralysis, as well as increasing support for care and rehabilitation.
- Children's Health Insurance Reauthorization Act, provides health care to 11 million children who live in poverty.
- Overturned restrictions on federal funding for stem cell research offering hope for treatment or cures for devastating diseases.
- New START Treaty, will reduce by half the nuclear missile stockpiles of Russia and the United States.
- Ended combat operations in Iraq.
- Eliminated Osama Bin Laden
Post a Comment